Weird: attribute 'input' not found - Mailing list pgsql-general

From lynch@cognitivearts.com (Richard Lynch)
Subject Weird: attribute 'input' not found
Date
List pgsql-general
The error message:

PostgreSQL query failed: ERROR: attribute 'input' not found in ... on line 40

Normally I would think I just mis-typed a field name, but the word 'input'
is *NOT* anywhere in the query.  Honest.  I spit it out before pg_exec()
just to be sure.  I even spit it out after to make sure it doesn't somehow
get trashed by pg_exec or something.

This is version 6.3.2, and I've been doing the same sort of code for months
and months now.  So far as I know, my ISP hasn't done anything weird
lately, and all the rest of the database stuff is working flawlessly.

The *really* weird thing is my code looks like this:

if (isset($update)){
  $query = "update ... where id = $id";
  echo $query;
}
if (isset($id)){
  $query = "select ... where id = $id";
/* Line 40 below */
  pg_exec($connection, $query);
  .
  .
  .
}

Now, when $update is set, I get the error message.
When it's not, I don't, and I get exactly what I expect.  And I checked.
The query is the SAME.

So, what other condition could possibly generate this message?

Any ideas?...

-- "TANSTAAFL" Rich lynch@cognitivearts.com   webmaster@  and www. all of:
R&B/jazz/blues/rock - jademaze.com      music industry org - chatmusic.com
acoustic/funk/world-beat - astrakelly.com   sculptures - olivierledoux.com
my own nascent company - l-i-e.com   cool coffeehouse - uncommonground.com